Friday 30 December 2011

Asaka, Tokyo



There are so many people doing something interesting with their style in Tokyo that at the start of the trip all I wanted to do was photograph everything and everyone that caught my eye. But as the week went on, it became more a case of who stood out from the already stylish crowd, who stimulated me enough to go "wow" and jump up and go after them without hesitation. 

I was actually waiting for another girl to come out of the convenience store so I could ask for her photograph when I saw Asaka walking towards me. I don't even remember thinking "should I just wait for this other girl to come out?", it was like a sudden attention shift and I was off getting her photo instead! I love how she has styled herself head to toe and how all the little bits compliment each other without one dominating the other. It all works just right.