Saturday 14 January 2012

Hideto, Tokyo



"Fashion is a social agreement. It is the result of a consensus of a large group of people." - Stella Blum

Every time we hit up Tokyo, I feel my eye for style changes just like that, the last photograph sets the standard for the next, and it becomes quite exhausting at times having to consider every other person as a potential photograph. And quite quickly the seasonable trends become obvious and all I want to photograph is what everyone is wearing right this very moment in Tokyo, the things that are in fashion, the fur, the coats etc. It's easy to get caught up in all of this and of course I like to capture fashion and trends cos that's what people like to see, but there's also something so endearing about photographing just normal everyday people going about their own business, dressing for themselves and nobody else. And these are the ones that really grow on me. I like the photos that I can, and everybody can relate to. It's just a guy on the street.