Friday 1 June 2012

Cindy, Seoul


It's not often that I bump into fellow kiwis on my travels throughout Asia so it was a pleasure to meet the lovely Cindy and her boyfriend in Garosugil today. Cindy's actually from Taipei, Taiwan but she grew up in New Zealand and went to school and university in Auckland, which is my hometown! So she's pretty much a kiwi in my mind and has got that wonderful kiwi accent that I miss from back home (and I know I miss it cos I find I can't stop listening to it when I hear it now!).

On other notes, the weather gods have been playing it nice and instead of the forecasted thunderstorms that have supposed to have hit us this week, we've had nothing but warm weather, slightly overcast days and the odd show of sunshine. I'm definitely not complaining, it's the perfect weather to be out taking photographs! Plus it makes up for the fact that today not only did my handbag strap completely break off, but my iPhone also decided to delete all the names of the people I photographed leaving me to rely on my memory (which is close to nothing when it comes to Korean names!). Oh well, it could have been much worse and I could have lost all my photographs instead which I'm so glad has not happened to me yet. Have a great weekend everyone :)