Monday 13 August 2012

Hayato, Tokyo



This is Hayato wearing Limi Feu and the amazing tengu-geta, a type of traditional Japanese footwear which is typically worn with yukata or other more casual Japanese clothes. It's the first time that I've seen anyone wearing this type of geta with only the single-centered "tooth" to balance on. I was actually quite lucky to get the standing shot as it was incredibly hard for Hayato to stand still in one spot, it was sort of arms and legs all over the place and we all had a good laugh while I was frantically trying to capture a shot that looked like he was even half balanced! Hence the reason I ended up taking some shots of him leaning on the fence instead. Hayato did say that they were pretty easy to walk in though, so it must be that once you get started you just have to keep walking I guess and never stand still in one spot for more than 2 seconds!