Sunday 18 November 2012

The Week On Instagram @StyleSophomore...

A random selection of photos from my Instagram this week. Just when I thought this year has felt like it has gone on forever, these last few months have actually seemed to have flown by. I can't believe how fast the time is going right now. In two weeks we will be back in Tokyo already!

1) A shop sign in Zhongxiao Dunhua East district, 2) Pretty plants in ShiDa, 3) Drinks at Costumice Cafe, 4) Potato wedges at Costumice Cafe.

Photographing on a rainy day out at the weekend market. 

1) Back streets lined with shops and scooters in Zhongxiao Fuxing, 2) Outside a Taiwanese lottery shop near our house, 3) A typical street food scene in ShiDa, 4) Personalised scooter plates. 

Rusty bikes parked on the side of the road and down the back streets of ShiDa.

Amongst all the old and new, traditional and modern mish-mash of Taipei, I still love capturing the simple and typical street scenes, the real essence of Taipei. Whether it's bikes parked so neatly at the end of a quiet lane, or if it's Aunties and Uncles eating lunch at the local street vendor, it's the things that you can't see or get anywhere else that I'm drawn to photograph. 

For instant updates on the things I get up to in between street style shooting, follow me on Instagram @stylesophomore. Or you can click here to bring up my Instagram on your computer :)