Wednesday 1 August 2012

Kyoshi, Tokyo


While waking around the back streets of Harajuku, I often come across someone who just looks totally cool and in one of those "perfect candid shot" moments, either sitting, standing, leaning, riding their bike etc. The sort of moments where if I went up to them and asked them for their photo, then that moment would be ruined. So usually I just settle for taking these photographs in my head as I still haven't figured out the best way to take candids without feeling awkwardly creepy and without ruining that "perfect moment". But I couldn't let this one go so I ran up to Kyoshi, asked him if I could take a quick shot just how he is sitting and I got this shot. Not so candid in the end but it's the candid type of shot I would have otherwise taken in my head so I was pretty happy!